Phonics Board Games, Age 4+
Make new words by changing letters.
Topics include: Beginning Sounds, Middle Sounds, Digraph Middle Sounds and Final Sounds.
- Encourages children to correctly construct words by sounding out the different parts of the word.
- The board games involve the use of a spinner which helps the player to construct the words and determines their movement around the board.
- The boards are double sided and use colourful pictures to help engage the children and provide them with inspiration.
- Each set of board games comes with an answer sheet so the children can check if they are correct.
- Can be played with 2 to 6 players either at home or in the classroom.
- Skill level: Beginner
- Age 4 or above
- Brand : Junior Learning
Comments from users - Laura Curley
"Easy to play, the “shortcuts” on the board make it fun and competitive. It holds my 5-year-old’s attention, but my 9-year-old can easily join us and have fun. The same rules apply for each of the four game boards (roll the die, spin the wheel, if you’ve made a “real” word you can stay there, otherwise go back to where you were). A paper is included listing all the “real” words possible for each space so kids can play on their own. I like how it makes my son sound out which word his spin made. The game boards differ in which sound is missing (beginning, middle, end, or middle vowel with a digraph at the end). I’m glad I purchased this for my beginning reader, it’s a good value."
Reviewed in the United States on 13 September 2020